Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Measure of Success!


“True success lies not in just being yourself or doing the best you can but knowing the two are the same!” ~ Bruce Schnieder

How do you define success?  Years ago my church had a theme, “This is the Year that I Do Well!”  This was a year of great challenges for me.  My business was suffering, I had gotten divorced, I was in the midst of losing my home and my car had already been repossessed!  ”This is the Year that I Do Well,” was not a part of my conversation.

To add insult to injury, I was chosen to speak on the theme for the church banquet.  I began to seek God as to what an unsuccessful person would tell people who were doing well about how to do well.

As I sought for an answer, God brought to my attention that my focus was all wrong.  I had a view of what success was that clearly did  not line up with my life or my beliefs.  There are thousands of people who are married, have careers, homes and cars and are public successes but private failures!  I learned that year that though it may appear on the outside that I was unsuccessful, i was a success in doing God’s will for my life!  I still helped people who were less fortunate.  I was available when needed by the church or others.  I prayed for people, and helped in any manner I could.  I was obedient to the call on my life and therefore, very successful!  I was not only being myself, but definitely doing the best I could.

If this is how you measure success, then kudos to you.  You are SUCCESSFUL!

Let's talk about your view of success! Contact me at the link below.
www.agreatlife2day.com

No comments:

Post a Comment